You are entitled to a compensation payment if you meet the following criteria:
- You possess a valid airline ticket, which was not procured at a reduced price not otherwise available directly to the general public.
- It does not matter whether you booked this flight with the airline directly or by means of an online platform, or if the flight was part of a package holiday or a business trip.
- Adults as well as children with a paid ticket have a right to compensation.
- The airplane either took off or landed in the EU, and the providing airline is headquartered in the EU.
- The rebooked flight took place less than 3 years ago.
- You arrived at the check-in counter on time, in other words at least 45 minutes prior to departure. Also double-check whether a different time for latest possible check-in was printed on your ticket.
- The flight was delayed by more than 3 hours
- The flight in question was not affected by any extraordinary circumstances such as strikes, unusual weather conditions or political unrest.
- You did not represent a safety or health risk to the other passengers.
- The information pertaining to the rebooking was supplied to you fewer than 14 days prior to departure.
If possible, have the airline confirm the rebooking as well as the reasons for it in writing. Also collect any evidence such as photographs of display boards etc. You can also use our online compensation calculator and request our free, no obligation feedback.